Ledcor owns and operates a pipe fabrication and module assembly facility in Nisku, Alberta. The 60 acre facility includes pipe fabrication facilities, sand blasting and paint shops, and a lay down yard, as well as module fabrication and assembly areas.
Located along Alberta’s “High Load Transportation Corridor,” the facility gives Ledcor the ability to meet all project requirements and the specific needs of our clients.
The entire facility is designed and constructed for maximum efficiency and cost effectiveness. Our throughput capacity for pipe fabrication is between 35,000 - 40,000 diameter inches per month.
Ledcor’s fabrication shop is able to accommodate all types of pipe material, including carbon steel and alloy, up to 72.”
The capacity of the facility is able to accommodate up to 85-100 modules at various stages of completion at one time. Ledcor’s through-put capacity, dependent on size and complexity of the modules, is 25-30 modules shipped out per month.
This high production facility has:
- Indoor Pipe Fabrication - 40,000 square feet
- Indoor Sandblast Bay - 4,000 square feet
- Indoor Painting Areas - 4,000 square feet
- Tradesmen Facilities - 25,000 square feet
- 6 permanent welding/utility stations (power and natural gas)
- 8 indoor warehouses (7 Heated, 1 Cold) - 20,000 square feet
- 1 Shuttle Lift- 50 Ton
- In-house pipe spooling services using an ACRON CAD system
- Over 2,000 feet of continuous crane runway supporting 14 overhead cranes
- Container de-stuffing ramps to ensure efficient material handling
- Computerized pipe cutting and pipe end preparation