Our safety slogan 'Think Safety, Work Safely' describes not only what we do, but our values and culture. Our most important asset is our people. That’s why safety is an integral part of our job.
In Ledcor’s Health, Safety and Environmental Protection (HS&E) Program, every person is responsible and accountable for safety – from senior management to the individual worker. Through Ledcor’s Employee Commitments, each person pledges to demonstrate their belief in safety - whether at work, on the road, or at home.
Beyond Best Practices
Our HS&E responsibilities and expectations are embedded into management systems and processes and influence everything that we do. From our comprehensive 'Think Safety, Work Safely' awareness programs to jobsite safe work procedures, our award-winning safety programs go above and beyond regulatory standards to ensure everyone's safety at our sites.
Ledcor’s HS&E Program provides:
- Corporate policy, assigned responsibilities, and workplace rules
- Environmental policy, hazard assessment, and controls
- On-going work orientation, training and education, and communication
- Job-specific safe work practices and procedures
- Equipment operation and maintenance practices and procedures
- Safety requirements and systems that focus on management, employee, and trade contractor awareness to reduce the risk of workplace incidents
- Leading and lagging indicators, audits, and reporting
- Emergency management and response systems and procedures
- An enterprise-based company-wide incident management system
- A restricted work program so any injured employee can continue safe and meaningful work during recovery
Ledcor also employs a team of health and safety professionals to work closely with our managers and workers to support our diversified operations.
Culture of Safety
On our jobsite crews hold mandatory daily meetings to address current HS&E issues and ensure our workers adhere to our safety commitments.
Compulsory corporate education and training include:
- A drug and alcohol program
- Supervisor safety training
- A mentoring program
- First aid training
- A workplace hazardous material information system
We see safety as a continuous drive for achievement and improvement, because safety benefits everyone. At Ledcor, we are committed to protecting the environment, health, and safety of our workers, clients, and communities where we operate.
We pride ourselves on our commitment to safety. With safety top of mind, our workers and clients look to us for best practices. Here are the seven commitments we keep close to our hearts on-the-job, off-the-job, and everywhere in between.
You can also download/print our safety commitment poster.