Quality Control Lead
Category: Quality/Quality Control
Division: Civil Earthworks
Location: AB - Fort McMurray
Job ID: 6222
Job Status: Open
Ledcor’s Site Services group provides Heavy Civil construction maintenance services including site development and earthworks for clients in the Fort McMurray area. In addition to heavy civil work, Ledcor Site Services has also established a qualified “inside plant” construction service offering to handle above and below ground piping and tailings maintenance in and around oil sands related mine, SAGD and upgraders facilities.
We are seeking an experienced Quality Control Lead for our projects in the Fort McMurray area. The Quality Control Lead will supervise operations staff to ensure quality standards at the project site are continuously met and exceeded.
- Oversees and implements, coordinates and maintains Ledcor systems and procedures including: hydro test tracking and coordination; aggregate processing and aggregate compaction testing, tracking and coordination; welding NDE tracking program and associated data entry; equipment preservation validation program; punch out for system turnover; and general quality management systems
- Applies knowledge and skills through the handling of complex problems and shares expertise with Quality Control team; supervises the non-conformance process when materials or products do not meet the required specifications and works directly with Quality Control team to initiate corrective action on non-conformities within the timeframe as defined in the Contract Documents
- Supervises the planning of all quality items related to the phases of construction, verifies that all testing equipment is properly maintained and in good working order, ensures all permanent materials are supplied in accordance with quality specifications
- Performs general administrative and recordkeeping functions to ensure project specific quality management information is readily available including the completion of required quality documentation, ensures Quality Records are accurately completed with a focus on the required quality processes and the specification requirements for the related discipline activity
- Initiates the non-conformance process when materials or products do not meet the required specifications and informs the Project Manager of such non-conformities, consults with the QCM and initiates corrective action on non-conformities within the timeframe as defined in the Contract Documents
- Performs inspections to comply with approved Inspection and Test Plans (ITP’s) and code requirements, provides summary reports on testing results
- Participates in the planning of all quality items related to the phases of construction, verifies that all testing equipment is properly maintained and in good working order, ensures all permanent materials are supplied in accordance with quality specifications
- Takes action to monitor and control costs related to own work and associated projects, provides input to the QA/QC team on all financial matters
- Facilitates the change management process by carrying out some trouble shooting and debriefing with department processes to continually improve upon the products, service and support provided, advises the Project Manager of any necessary changes or revisions to the Quality Management Plan
- Interfaces and communicates (written and oral) with all levels of management, clients and contacts, works directly with subcontractors and material suppliers to ensure that submittals are complete, participates in meetings and strategy sessions with senior level management
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Completion of post secondary education with a related diploma or degree or trade certificate
- 6+ years related work experience or combination of relevant education and experience
- Technical knowledge of modern construction practices, techniques and equipment
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Word and Excel
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong safety record and the ability to work with a variety of individuals
- Ability to anticipate problems and challenges, and propose innovative solutions
- Ability to create formal networks internally and externally
- Ability to Influence strategic and other issues which effect the business internally and externally, and make presentations at senior management level
- Ability to explain and present complex ideas and influence others
- Ability to manage performance of employees through task assignments, ongoing assessment and coaching
We offer an exceptional work environment. Management is approachable, ethical and accountable. Innovation is respected, effort is rewarded and job safety is a primary focus for absolutely everyone: zero incidents is the goal. Hours are reasonable, home life is encouraged and remuneration is competitive.
- This is a site based position.