Working alongside our partner Balfour Beatty, Ledcor has finalized an agreement to build and operate the new Teck Acute Care Centre (TACC), housing facilities for both the BC Children’s Hospital and the BC Women’s Hospital + Health Centre in Vancouver, BC. The new facility, a provincial resource, opens in late 2017.
BC Children’s Hospital provides care for the most seriously ill or injured children and youth from across British Columbia, and is a leading teaching and research facility. BC Women’s Hospital + Health Centre is the only facility in BC devoted primarily to the health of women, newborns, and families, and is one of Canada’s largest and busiest maternity hospitals.
The Affinity Partnerships consortium, led by Balfour Beatty and Ledcor, was selected for the $350 million redevelopment project in early 2014 after a nine-month competition. The public-private partnership (P3) agreement with the Province of British Columbia and the Provincial Health Services Authority was finalized in April 2014. Our scope includes the design, construction, financing, and longterm facilities management of the hospital.
The new eight-story TACC will replace aging infrastructure and provide much-needed space for the larger care teams and new technologies required to treat today’s chronic and more complex illnesses.
Features of the new TACC include:
For more information: http://newcw.phsa.ca
- Central location on the hospital campus: the TACC provides close, convenient access for patients accessing multiple departments.
- Natural light and green space, proven to enhance healing and reduced length of stay, has also been incorporated into each department.
- Each department has been designed to maximize efficiencies, with departments that see the same patients located close to one another to minimize movement of patients during the delivery of safe and quality care,and streamlined traffic flows of supplies
- Designed to LEED® Gold standard.
- 59,400 m2 (640,000 sq. ft) of space.
- House medical/surgical inpatient units, an emergency department, medical imaging and procedural (Operating Rooms) suites, an oncology/hematology/bone marrow transplant department, a pediatric intensive care unit, satellite pharmacy, medical equipment depot and renal dialysis for BC Children’s Hospital. There will also be high-risk labor and delivery suites and a new neonatal intensive care unit for BC Women’s Hospital + Health Centre.