Ledcor’s Las Vegas office at the American Heart Association’s Las Vegas Heart & Stroke Walk
For 67 years, Ledcor and its employees have been committed to supporting the local communities where we do business by investing dollars, sharing expertise, and providing skills training. Our goal is to leave a positive legacy in everything we do - socially, environmentally, and financially.
Imbedded in our culture is the Ledcor Cares spirit – a desire to assist others in need and to help move our communities forward by coming together for organizations that have a place in our hearts. Over the past 10 years Ledcor has contributed over $23.8 million to more than 150 charities across North America, with a key focus on children’s health and increasing access to post-secondary and trades education.
In 2014, Ledcor completed a $5 million pledge to name the Emergency Department at the new BC Children’s Hospital which will open in 2017. The hospital that was originally designed for 35,000 patients now sees over 215,000 annually from across the Province of BC, providing first class health care for sick and injured children. 2014 also included new commitments, such as a $200,000 pledge to Junior Achievement of BC and Northern Alberta to promote entrepreneurial skills amongst high school youth, and a three-year commitment to fund a weekly healthy lunch program at Ronald McDonald House of Northern Alberta.
Our employees continue to be the driving force behind many of our community efforts, including support for our annual employee campaign which raised over $1.2 million for over 95 charities in 27 locations across North America. These dollars provide important resources to:
- 16 pediatric hospitals from San Diego to Edmonton and Hawaii to Newfoundland, ensuring the best possible care for sick and injured children;
- 13 Make a Wish chapters who grant wishes to children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy;
- 26 United Way chapters who provide front-line services for children, families, and seniors with a hand-up not a hand-out;
- Various organizations specializing in causes such as Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Crohn’s and Colitis, and Autism
- Many local charities such as Covenant House, Little Warriors, Youth Empowerment and Support Services, Canuck Place, and Nevada Blind Children’s Foundation
Throughout the year, Ledcor and its employees also supported many charities by participating in fundraising events, volunteering thousands of hours, and raising hundreds of thousands of dollars for organizations such as the Kids Help Phone, Kids With Cancer, Pediatric Oncology Group of Ontario, Trevor Korol Scholarship Fund, Heart & Stroke Foundation, and Movember as well as hosting a variety of toy drives during the holiday season.
We support the industries where we do business through investment in professional development, sustainability, training and sponsorship as well as providing scholarships to skilled trades programs and funding important industry research such as the establishment of the Ledcor Group Applied Research Chair in Oil Sands Environmental Sustainability at the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT).
Together, these initiatives reflect one of Ledcor’s core values of sustainability – balancing people, planet and profit.