Installation and Repair Technician - Edmonton
Division: Telecom Field Operations
Location: AB - Edmonton
Job ID: 7884
Job Status: Open
Our Technical Services division builds and supports communication networks all across North America. It takes hard work and innovation — and we need more great, hardworking people to maintain this standard of excellence.
Ledcor Technical Services is seeking multifaceted, self-motivated, customer service focused individuals to be part of our Installation and Repair team for residential phone lines (POTS), Internet (ADSL) and Digital TV (IPTV) services in Edmonton, AB and surrounding area.
To ensure that your application is considered, please apply by end of day December 13, 2013.
This position is great for people who enjoy lots of travel, working in various communities, working outdoors, operating independently with a best in-class approach to customer service. If you think that a truck and a laptop make for a great office, explore the wonderful career opportunities at Ledcor – LTS.
- Traveling to various communities in Alberta and BC to support business requirements
- Drive to and from residential and small business customer locations in a defined geographic area performing installation and repair of phone, internet and digital TV services on behalf of our client
- Receive and complete work orders from a centralized dispatch centre ensuring that routes are efficient and that service is delivered in a timely manner
- Operate equipment and vehicle in a safe manner, ensuring adherence to Ledcor’s safety program
- Interact with customers in a professional and courteous manner to ensure that their work orders are completed as requested
- Provide a high level of customer service ensuring that any escalations or concerns are addressed professionally
- Troubleshoot technical issues
- Trace and locate appropriate telecommunications links, which could involve climbing telephone poles, working in confined spaces (attics and crawl spaces) and climbing ladders
- Utilize handheld tools within the customer location
- Work both indoors and outdoors at the customer location
- Utilize a laptop computer and various software applications
- Ensure vehicle, test equipment and tools are maintained in excellent condition
- As a part of meeting customer and project requirements, technicians may be required, from time to time, to travel on extended work assignments (ranging 2-6 weeks) away from home
- Previous experience from the following industries will be considered: Telecommunications, Home Installation and Service for electronics and appliances, retail, security, automotive service, cabling, electrical, electronic signage and mechanical
- Degree or diploma from a technical college would be an asset
- Previous work experience in telecom in installation and repair would be an asset.
- Previous experience working in the field independently
- A strong technical aptitude
- Ability to manage a physically demanding position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting, working at heights and in confined spaces
- Must be computer savvy, able to handle multiple computer applications
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
- Self-Motivated, ability to prioritize and organize work loads with little direction
- Maintain a valid provincial driver’s license (Class 5) and must provide a driver’s abstract annually
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug and alcohol screening
We offer an exceptional work environment. Management is approachable, ethical and accountable. Innovation is respected, effort is rewarded and job safety is a primary focus for absolutely everyone : zero incidents is the goal. Hours are reasonable, home life is encouraged and remuneration is competitive.
- Evenings and weekend work is required
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting (up to 75 pounds), working at heights, in confined spaces and in all types of weather conditions (rain, snow, heat etc)