Carpenters - Commercial Construction - Saskatoon
Location: SK - Saskatoon
Job ID: 7762
Job Status: Open
We build amazing things from the ground up — commercial, institutional, industrial and residential projects all over North America — and we're looking for talented people to provide the skills and expertise to make these projects a reality.
Ledcor is seeking experienced Journeyman or Apprentice Carpenters for our Commercial Construction site in Saskatoon, SK and surrounding area. The successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of carpentry tasks on our commercial construction projects.
- Comprehends blueprint readings to prepare layouts including selecting materials, planning sequences and methods of work, measuring and marking materials to avoid costly mistakes or omissions
- Conducts concrete formwork, wood framing, blocking & backing, installation of doors, hardware & specialty items and hoarding
- Checks completed work to ensure it is level, square, plumb and the right size, shape and location
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Must have 2+ years of Carpentry experience in a commercial setting
- Must have a Journeyman Carpenter Ticket from a recognized provincial training authority or be a Registered Carpenter Apprentice with a recognized provincial training authority
- Non-ticketed carpenters must provide proof of hours relevant to the industrial Carpentry trade
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess a valid form of government issued photo identification
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
We offer an exceptional work environment. Management is approachable, ethical and accountable. Innovation is respected, effort is rewarded and job safety is a primary focus for absolutely everyone: zero incidents is the goal. Hours are reasonable, home life is encouraged and compensation is competitive.