Equipment Operators - Highway Maintenance - Whitecourt
Location: AB - Whitecourt
Job ID: 7673
Job Status: Open
Ledcor’s Highway Maintenance Division provides services on long term contracts covering 3400 kilometers of provincial highways in Alberta and 188 kilometers of roadway in northeastern British Columbia. Services include: snow and ice control, crack filling, spray patch, line painting, bridge maintenance, road inspections, signs, guardrail, erosion control and vegetation control.
We are seeking experienced Equipment Operators in Whitecourt, Alberta for our Highway Maintenance division. This role is responsible for operating snow plow trucks and wheel loaders along the provincial highways in and around the Whitecourt area.
- Operates snow plow trucks, wheel loaders and other heavy equipment as required
- Assists with labor duties as required (this involves heavy lifting and standing/walking for extended periods of time)
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Must successfully complete pre-employment Functional Abilities and Medical testing
- Must possess a valid class 3 driver’s license with air endorsement
- Must provide a copy of a valid driver’s abstract
- Previous experience operating a snow plow truck and/or wheel loader
- Must possess a valid form of government issued photo identification
We offer an exceptional work environment. Management is approachable, ethical and accountable. Innovation is respected, effort is rewarded and job safety is a primary focus for absolutely everyone: zero incidents is the goal. Hours are reasonable, home life is encouraged and remuneration is competitive.
- Applicants that reside in Whitecourt, Alberta will be given preference due to the location of this project
- Shift work, on-call, and night shift may be required
- Benefits provided by CLAC
- Work will be outdoors in various weather conditions