Project Manager - Vancouver
Division: Telecom Field Operations
Location: BC - Vancouver
Job ID: 7640
Job Status: Open
Our Technical Services division builds and supports communication networks all across North America. It takes hard work and innovation — and we need more great, hardworking people to maintain this standard of excellence.
We are seeking a dynamic, motivated and results-oriented Project Manager for a position in our Edmonton, AB, Vancouver, BC or Toronto, ON offices.
As the Project Manager you will be responsible for introducing new contracts and services into our Field Operations teams and monitoring project performance against project plans / schedules to ensure the project is completed on time and within budget for multiple contracts within the LTS group.
- Manage all aspects of the project over its entire life (initiate, plan, execute, control, close)
- Lead regular meetings with stakeholders on resolving implementation issues and variances, and develop action plans to manage changes or issues on project
- Provide clear direction to team members and distributes workload to capitalize on individual opportunities.
- Effectively manage project deliverable changes and determine their impact on related and interdependent tasks and projects
- Regular reporting and communication on project status, budget, and quality
- Effectively manage change requests on projects
- Effectively communicates status of projects with project owner, management, and the team
- Manage program financials in accordance with corporate financial policies and tools (JDE)
- Manage risk within program and escalate issues where appropriate
- Completion of the PMP designation would be an asset
- 7-10 years of experience managing projects
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Strong communication (oral, written, facilitations and presentation) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize, organized, time managed and remain focused on desired outcomes
- Identify process gaps and enhancement opportunities
- Ability to see and assess interdependence and cross organizational impacts and implications
- Capable of consulting with internal and external stakeholders to collect data/requirements to identify opportunities, uncover issues and able to obtain buy in from cross functional business units
- Able to work effectively with various levels of management
- Demonstrate solid leadership ability & promotes team work and establishes constructive and collaborative working relationships
- Excellent customer service focus
We offer an exceptional work environment. Management is approachable, ethical and accountable. Innovation is respected, effort is rewarded and job safety is a primary focus for absolutely everyone : zero incidents is the goal. Hours are reasonable, home life is encouraged and remuneration is competitive.