Category: Quality/Quality Control
Location: AB - Edmonton
Job ID: 7583
Job Status: Open
The Ledcor Contractors Group encompasses a number of Ledcor Divisions including: Civil & Infrastructure, Site Services (Heavy Civil and Pipeline Maintenance work in the Fort McMurray area), Highway Maintenance and Construction, Foundations construction, mainline pipeline construction as well as maintenance sectors of the pipeline industry (RMG).
Ledcor is seeking an experienced Quality Director for our Edmonton, AB office.
The Quality Director is recognized as an authority / specialist across the organization and externally and impacts the strategic direction / vision for Quality across multiple business units and projects. The Quality Director gains consensus on the strategic direction / vision of the group and develops and implements quality programs and initiatives to support the delivery of services that meet strategic quality goals. This role also provides functional direction to Quality staff to ensure quality standards for each of the business units are satisfied.
- Develops ongoing enhancement and implements the Quality Management System (QMS) consistent with ISO 9001:2008, including associated procedures, delivery tools, and systems required to meet jurisdictional requirements for Ledcor’s projects
- Implements internal Quality review processes including developing and monitoring measurements of success. Participates in and reports review findings and recommendations to senior management
- Prepares Quality Audit Programs and leads the internal and external quality audit process
- Provides Quality Assurance surveillance and support to projects to ensure adherence to quality plans
- Provides direction on the proper implementation and application of the non-conformance process to the business units and project teams
- Assists in the review of non-conformance reporting and the incident investigation management to determine root causes and corrective actions
- Presents ‘Lessons Learned’ and Quality Awareness sessions
- Ensures that requirements are met to maintain and retain relevant Quality records in accordance with the QMS
- Represents Ledcor in meetings with potential and existing clients as required and ensures the promotion of awareness relating to client Quality requirements throughout the organization
- Participates in external Quality reviews of Ledcor projects initiated by clients or others
- Develops and manages a training matrix for employees describing appropriate QMS and CMS related training and delivers required training
- Develops and implements resource plans to achieve QMS and project specific quality plans
- Partners with Recruiting and HR Business Partners to recruit, review, hire and provide functional guidance to Project QA/QC Managers and Coordinators, and coordinates Quality resource needs between multiple business units
- Applies knowledge and skills through the handling of complex problems and shares expertise regularly with the Quality team, along with the business unit and project management
- 10+ years of related work experience or combination of relevant education and experience
- Completion of post-secondary education with a related diploma, degree or trade certificate
- Member of a professional organization that promotes ethics such as APEGGA, ASET, etc.
- Detailed technical knowledge of codes and standards, regulatory requirements, modern construction practices and techniques
- Understands contracts and specification requirements for all quality activities
- Ability to develop, implement and interpret ITPs
- Ability to set up and lead all quality processes to achieve QMS and project requirements
- In-depth knowledge of quality management processes and systems
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence others
- Strong computer background including experience with quality management program tools
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to problem solve and identify and implement process improvements
- Valid driver’s license and passport is required
- Frequent travel in Canada and to other Ledcor business locations
We offer an exceptional work environment. Management is approachable, ethical and accountable. Innovation is respected, effort is rewarded and job safety is a primary focus for absolutely everyone: zero incidents is the goal. Hours are reasonable, home life is encouraged and remuneration is competitive.
- Frequent travel in Canada and to other Ledcor business locations is required