Installer - Level 4 - New York
Division: Telecom Field Operations
Location: NY - New York
Job ID: 7383
Job Status: Open
Our Technical Services division builds and supports communication networks all across North America. It takes hard work and innovation — and we need more great, hardworking people to maintain this standard of excellence.
We are seeking an experienced Installer - Level 4 that will be based in New York, NY.
- Lead installation teams and mentor junior installers and technicians to ensure project deadlines, timely service and quality standards are met
- Provide proactive updates on job progress to management and customers
- Work with detailed engineering drawings and rack layout diagrams
- Redline the documents as required
- Perform inventory of all job related materials
- Capable of performing additions and removals
- Capable of performing wiring connections and modifications on working equipment
- Install, terminate and test DC power at the equipment and BDFB
- Install and terminate ground cables to all equipment cabinets, equipment and cable racks
- Install cat 5 patch cables and fiber trough
- Install fiber optic cable from patch panel to patch panel
- Install ladder rack and associated iron work to support the rack
- Install cabinets in a cement floor with seismic anchors
- Install different types of equipment in the cabinets and power it up
- Label all cabinets and cables to industry standards
- Ensure that all power and ground cables are laced with 9 cord
- Comfortable with responsibility for job site safety
- May perform other related duties as assigned by Manager
- Minimum of 6 years of installation/testing experience
- Familiar with Telcordia’s GR-1275 and/or ATT TP76300 installation standards
- In-depth technical knowledge of current telecom products with minimal training is required
- Abilities of a lead installer is required
- Professional and personable with customers and teammates. Must have good customer relations skills and good communications/writing skills
- Flexible and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ready, willing and able to travel
- Successful completion of drug and alcohol test
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and successful driver’s history
We offer an exceptional work environment. Management is approachable, ethical and accountable. Innovation is respected, effort is rewarded and job safety is a primary focus for absolutely everyone: zero incidents is the goal. Hours are reasonable, home life is encouraged and remuneration is competitive.
- This is a home-based position that involves travel to multiple locations. Home location is flexible.
Ledcor is an EEO/AAP employer; all decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.