Location: AB - Edmonton
Job ID: 7105
Job Status: Open
The Ledcor Contractors Group encompasses a number of Ledcor Divisions including: Civil & Infrastructure, Site Services (Heavy Civil and Pipeline Maintenance work in the Fort McMurray area), Highway Maintenance and Construction, Foundations construction, mainline pipeline construction as well as maintenance sectors of the pipeline industry (RMG).
Ledcor is seeking an experienced Operations Controller for our Edmonton, AB office.
The Operations Controller is responsible for working with the Manager of Business Operations, Project Controllers and Business Unit Managers to provide support with their business activities in the areas of accounting and administrative processes, internal controls, new project start-up and information systems.
- Prepares monthly business unit statements, financial review information and annual business unit budgets
- Assists in the development of divisional budgets, business plans and provides support to business leadership throughout the process
- Assists project teams in development of project forecasts, job costing structures, and JD Edwards job cost support/training
- Provides support and training to various levels of operations in JD Edwards and Cost Control systems
- Leads and develops individuals within the project accounting team
- Assists with internal and external audits as required
- Accountable for accounts receivable status: manages invoice creation, invoice disputes, client collection etc.
- Works with business leaders to understand and improve net cash position, under billings, and Capex
- Understands and supports implementation of cost control, job costing and forecasting systems at the project level
- Assists staff with daily process issues and process improvement, ensuring adequate internal controls are in place
- Provides analysis and support to senior leadership and project sponsors to ensure understanding of business unit statements and financial implications of business decisions
- Performs monthly divisional profit / revenue recognition
- Develops and analyzes monthly cost reporting and project forecasts
- Maintains tracking of intercompany billings, and accrue for internal charges according to corporate accounting standards
- Investigates profitability issues and forecasts changes
- Other duties as required
- 5+ years of experience supporting construction projects/experience in a similar role
- Professional accounting designation, or working towards a professional accounting designation
- Previous supervisory experience
- Possess a strong understanding of JD Edwards and financial process
- Strong knowledge of construction accounting principles such as: Forecasting; Percentage of Completion Revenue Recognition; WIP; and Overbillings
- Superior knowledge of business systems and MS Office suite
- Ability to apply knowledge of accounting and finance
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data
- Excellent verbal and written communications
We offer an exceptional work environment. Management is approachable, ethical and accountable. Innovation is respected, effort is rewarded and job safety is a primary focus for absolutely everyone: zero incidents is the goal. Hours are reasonable, home life is encouraged and remuneration is competitive.