Planner / Scheduler - Senior
Category: Project Management/Coordination
Location: BC - Vancouver
Job ID: 6418
Job Status: Open
We construct amazing things from the ground up — commercial, institutional, industrial and residential projects all over North America — and we’re looking for some equally amazing people to provide the skills and talent required to complete them on time and on budget.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Planner/Scheduler for our Vancouver, BC office.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Senior Planner/Scheduler will provide in-house scheduling and planning expertise to project teams for all stages of commercial, light Industrial, Institutional and residential construction projects.
- Provides expertise in construction planning and scheduling across a number of key projects
- Collaboratively works with project teams to identify and sequence key construction activities
- Works closely with operations team to monitor progression of work and any problems that may affect the planned schedule
- Monitors compliance and initiates corrective measures
- Contributes to the development of working schedules for Estimating as required, prior to proposal date, which sufficiently illustrates the
- sequence of work activities and contract time
- Maintains master schedule for assigned projects and identifies and records the impact of work performed and not performed as scheduled
- Evaluates actual construction progress and provides regular schedule updates
- Interfaces with Operations, Owners, and Subcontractors to discuss impact of work and resolution of problems
- Serves as technical advisor for the solution of difficult production problems
- Consults the appropriate project team members and estimating procedures as a means of ensuring that proper planning is completed prior to the commencement of work
- Provides information as needed on the content, modification, or presentation of project schedule and works with Project Managers to modify schedule as needed
- Provides training in scheduling, use of Primavera P6, and Microsoft Project to operations
- Continuously expands and updates professional knowledge and hones training skills in order to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity
We offer an exceptional work environment. Management is approachable, ethical and accountable. Innovation is respected, effort is rewarded and job safety is a primary focus for absolutely everyone: zero incidents is the goal. Hours are reasonable, home life is encouraged and remuneration is competitive.