Project Manager - Edmonton
Category: Project Management/Coordination
Location: AB - Edmonton
Job ID: 6261
Job Status: Open
We construct amazing things from the ground up — commercial, institutional, industrial and residential projects all over North America — and we’re looking for some equally amazing people to provide the skills and talent required to make these amazing things happen.
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager for our Edmonton office. The Project Manager will be experienced with commercial construction projects and fully competent in the profession. The Project Manager assumes a leadership role by providing guidance to project staff and is responsible for the smooth functioning of day to day operations by influencing, developing and implementing agreed upon project plans ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Provides clear direction to team members and distributes workload to capitalize on individual and group strengths while ensuring balanced exposure to work experience and development opportunities
- Ensures site safety and environmental standards are met or exceeded
- Ensures that the quality of materials and workmanship meet or exceed standards identified in approval documents
- Achieves project schedule commitments within the financial targets
- Maintains and tracks billings, reports and projections and implements trade awards and construction work within financial targets and constraints
- Sets expected levels of documentation, standards for accounting issues, methodology of budget control, types of bids (fixed price, cost plus, unit price), etc.
- Provides strong leadership to construction team members, capitalizing on individual and group strengths
- May perform other related duties as required
- Completion of post secondary education in Construction, Engineering or related discipline
- 3 to 6 years related work experience or a combination of relevant education and experience
- Previous experience as a Project Manager or in a similar direct managerial/supervisory role.Familiar with commercial construction methodology and practices
- Ability to plan and manage to a project schedule
- Understanding of construction documents and the ability to ensure that they are complete, protect the owner’s interest, clearly define expectations and provide incentive to perform
- Contract negotiation/management skills
- Knowledge of construction costs and budgets
- Understand method of bidding, purchasing, negotiating, contracting, cash flow, expediting, receiving and transporting
- A track record of building successful teams, effectively motivating people and maintaining effective relationships with clients, owners and consultants
- Ability to anticipate stakeholder needs, investigate the underlying causes and identify short and long term solutions
- Understands and presents complex ideas; anticipates potential objections and prepares case accordingly; influences and persuades others to adopt a point of view
- Facilitator and mentor; moves the team forward in conflict situations
- Anticipates patterns and links; looks beyond the immediate problem to the wider implications; generates new solutions to complex problems
We offer an exceptional work environment. Management is approachable, ethical and accountable. Innovation is respected, effort is rewarded and job safety is a primary focus for absolutely everyone: zero incidents is the goal. Hours are reasonable, home life is encouraged and remuneration is competitive.