Category: Field Operations
Location: ON - Matachewan
Job ID: 6148
Job Status: Open
From building roads and developing mine sites, the folks who work in our Mining division literally make the earth move to get at the resources the world needs to operate.
The Ledcor Mining Division requires a Maintenance Foreman for its site operations in Matachewan, ON.
The Maintenance Foreman is a first line supervisory position responsible for direct supervision of maintenance employees and maintenance of equipment to meet production and safety requirements.
- Ensures full understanding and compliance of Ledcor’s H, S and E Manuals, Policies and Procedures, any site specific requirements from the client and also the BC Mines Act, Codes and General Rules; as Ledcor is committed to always operating in a safe manner achievement of a target of zero accidents or incidents is expected
- Responsible for the management and wellbeing of all direct report employees and ensuring efficient maintenance procedures are followed
- Communicates and delegates the expectations of responsibilities to each individual in the crew
- Manages all direct reports; handles all disciplinary actions as required; familiar with the relevant collective agreement in use for the project for all hourly employees
- Directs and controls crew and equipment maintenance in a mining environment to achieve the highest levels of efficiency and productivity while ensuring safety of personnel and care of equipment.
- Coordinates and communicates with the other foreman and plant personnel to ensure equipment maintained and serviced to not disrupt operations
- Conducts frequent inspections to identify any unsafe work practices and proper maintenance procedures followed and takes prompt corrective action when required
- Conducts incident investigations and, in line with appropriate policy, develops reports and institutes corrective actions
- Ensures all administrative data for equipment maintenance is generated accurately and in a timely manner; including all equipment and personnel time sheets and log books as well as daily diaries and work orders as required
- 8 – 10 years of experience with heavy mine equipment
- High school diploma
- Heavy duty mechanic or post - secondary education in a related field, would be considered an asset
- Proven safety record
- Good understanding of the maintenance and troubleshooting of a variety of open pit mining equipment
- Excellent planning, organizational and communication skills
- Leadership qualities and a good motivator
- Computer literate
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently
We offer an exceptional work environment. Management is approachable, ethical and accountable. Innovation is respected, effort is rewarded and job safety is a primary focus for absolutely everyone : zero incidents is the goal. Hours are reasonable, home life is encouraged and remuneration is competitive.
- Site based opportunity
- Local candidates preferred