Fibre Optic Splicer
Division: Telecom Infrastructure Services
Location: BC - Burnaby
Job ID: 5801
Job Status: Open
Our Technical Services division builds and supports communication networks all across North America. It takes hard work and innovation — and we need more great, hardworking people to maintain this standard of excellence.
We are seeking an experienced Fibre Optic Splicer for our Burnaby office.
Under general supervision, the Fibre Optic Splicer provides moderately complex work in fiber optics installation and maintenance.
- At least (2) two years of experience installing, maintaining/repairing and testing fiber optic networks in an OP environment.
- Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx. 28 ft high and 75 lbs)
- Ability to climb poles using gaffs, hooks and climbing belt as needed (training provided)
- Ability to tolerate exposure to outside weather conditions.
- A clear understanding of fiber optics technologies around splicing of single and mass fusion fiber cables
- A clear understanding of customer required test results and documentation of work completed
- Ability to work effectively with a Team or individually
- Motivated self starter, capable of good productivity with minimal supervision
- Uses small hand tools, power tools, meters, and other test equipment
- Appropriate valid driver’s license and a good driving record (min. Class 5)
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to comply with all Company implemented safety procedures
- Computer Windows based skills a definite asses
- Willingness to work away from home for extended periods
We offer an exceptional work environment. Management is approachable, ethical and accountable. Innovation is respected, effort is rewarded and job safety is a primary focus for absolutely everyone : zero incidents is the goal. Hours are reasonable, home life is encouraged and remuneration is competitive.
- Work performed at heights near power lines and electricity
- Work performed in Confined Spaces (Manholes)
- Work performed along rail ROW’s
- Work performed on traveled portions of roadways
- Shift work may be required for some projects
- Work, including travel, outdoors in adverse weather conditions day or night